Monday, January 16, 2012

Savanna's Princess Party

We hosted a princess party for Savanna and some of her little friends this past Saturday. She had a great turn out-10 of her girl friends came to the party dressed up as different princesses. Savanna has been looking forward to this party for and she had a great time. She dressed up as Snow White for the beginning of the party and then changed into Cinderella while she openWe started off the party by having all the girls find Cinderella's lost glass slipper, then we played pass the glass slipper followed by Royal Freeze Dance. Then Tiana (aka our friend, Kristine) came to read stories to the girls and paint nails. Savanna unfortunately did not buy though that Kristine was Tiana since she recognized her. She seemed really confused at first and after Tiana had been there for about a half an hour I said to Savanna, "Isn't it so nice that Tiana came to your party?" Savanna narrowed her eyes and said very firmly "It's not her." She understands that princesses are just dressed up so we thought it would work. Oh well! Later she said proudly "Kristine came to my birthday party!" so I think she got over it and was happy that she came. While Tiana was taking turns painting the kids' nails the other girls decorated door hangers with foam stickers and glitter (This was finally the craft I was able to come up with thanks the Dollar Store. Though I think the glitter may have been a mistake. I think we may be finding glitter in various places for awhile...) After the craft the girls had cupcakes, ice cream and then Savanna opened presents. She got a lot of fun princess stuff, some Pet Shop stuff and Zoobles (spelling?). Overall the party was a success! I tried to keep it simple but I was pretty tired by the end of the day. It took up most of the day. It was worth it though to see how special Savanna feels and how much fun she had! Anyway, enjoy the pictures of these little cuties! (And yes Savanna does have a black eye in these pictures and no I didn't do it! Not 100% sure what happened because I was cooking dinner and she was in the living room but she said she was swinging on the arm rests and fell and hit her eye in the corner of the end table. Sad!)

1 comments:

Aleta said...

Yay! So fun! Thanks for throwing the party - Holland had a lot of fun and kept talking about it afterwards saying, "we were ALL princess!" and "I liked the cake - it was really yummy!". And Kristine did a great job (sorry Savanna wasn't to happy about it though)! I hope you've recovered and hopefully you won't be finding glitter around the house forever ;)