Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hunger Games

Charity, me, and Marthe with our Hunger Game shirts on (hard to see but they have the mocking jay symbol on them. Charity is obsessed with these books so I wore the shirt for her. She made them)
So Friday night TC and I went on a triple date to the Hunger Games. Confession: I've never read the books and honestly I did not really like the movie. I found it severely disturbing and I just did not like watching kids kill each other. It actually infuriated me that something like this could happen and no one has been able to STOP it!! The total disregard for human life shown by the Capitalists disgusted me!! TC said that you have to read all of the books and there is a good ending but I don't know whether I will. What am I not getting? Everyone I know is obsessed with this story and I really don't get it. It is just gross to me. No offense to all of you friends and family that think it is great! I know that all of you that love it are disturbed by it too but I just don't have a desire to watch something like that ever again. Also the romance did not pull me in at all. Maybe that has something to do with the face that Gail is WAY HOTTER than Pita!

3 comments:

Youngberg Family said...

Hi! You blog hasn't been showing up on my blog that you've updated. (does that make sense?) I feel cheated that I've missed so many of your blogs! Yeah, I don't get the whole Hunger Games craze either. A friend told me about the books when they first came out and I wasn't interested at all. I don't get it...

Youngberg Family said...

*your

Marisha & Forrest said...

Yeah same here about the blog list!