Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Clark's 1 year Stats

So we took Clark to the doctor today for his 12 month checkup and he is healthy and doing well. I think his hernia is officially gone so looks like he will not have to get surgery! That is fantastic news! I am very relieved. The doctor did not have any health concerns at all. I asked her advice about weaning and she told me I could do it anytime and he will eventually drink milk hopefully. We will see. Trying to decide between the cold turkey method or dropping feedings one at a time. Already dropped a feeding and replaced it with yogurt since he is still not taking the milk. So I just have to brag about my little guy for a minute. The doctor was very impressed when we told her that we have heard him say between 10-15 words (and we both have heard him say all these words because sometimes TC and I will look at each other and ask, "Did he just say that?"). He is also starting to mimic words when we say them which she thought was great. She told us he is advanced with his language (at least for now, watch I'll jinx myself and he won't say anything else for awhile.) Words that we have heard him say include (not sure if I remember them all): ma ma, da da, hi, bye, up, uh oh, please, door, juice (though it does not quite sound like juice but it says it every time for juice), dressed (for getting dressed), mine, "all done". His favorite phrase still continues to be "Hi da da." (Ma ma is often said when distressed. How is that fair?) Here are Clark's stats. He is not in as high percentiles as he was at 9 months but still pretty big. I think the nurse may have measured his height wrong (I think he is taller) but nonetheless he is a healthy boy! Length: 30.5 inches (75th percentile) Weight: 26 pounds 5 ounces ( 90th percentile) Head Circumference: 18 3/4 inches (90th percentile)

0 comments: