Easter Weekend
We had a great Easter weekend! I hope all of you did too. On Friday night we threw a surprise birthday party for TC's sister, April. It was a lot of fun and we pulled it off. She was totally surprised!! There was a good number of her friends and family that came and many others who wish they could have been there but were out of town for the holiday weekend. Anyway, it seemed like the evening was a success. Savanna was so excited for the party and was the first one to run out and yell surprise. She made some friends there as well.
Saturday was a fun day. We went to a city Easter egg hunt and also took a picture on a fire truck and with the Easter bunny. The Easter egg hunt was seriously over in less than a minute. There was just candy, eggs, stuffed animals, etc strewn across this big field. Savanna was nervous when all the kids charged forward to the eggs and candy so I helped her a bit. She still only got a couple of things while other kids' baskets were overflowing with goodies. Oh well! After that we took pictures on our fire truck and with the Easter bunny. We finished the morning with the kids playing on the playground. Later that afternoon we died Easter eggs and watched a Winnie the Pooh easter movie.
Sunday morning Savanna and Clark woke up to find candy and Easter eggs hid all over the house. Savanna LOVED finding all of the eggs. Then they enjoyed diving into their Easter baskets. I think the Easter bunny got a little carried away this year with the candy! We seriously need to give it away or something. He must have got it in bulk at Win Co or something and not realized how much he was getting... Anyway, then we ate breakfast and I attempted to deliver a spiritual message which I cried through and th kids ran around not paying attention to me. We also sang some Primary easter songs. Then we went to church and came home and had dinner. April and her roommate came over for dinner.
It was a very enjoyable weekend and I was grateful for the opportunity to reflect more on the atonement and the resurrection of the Savior. How grateful I am to Him. I tried to explain to Savanna the meaning of Easter throughout the week. It seemed to go in one ear and out the other but I know that some of it must be sinking in!
Happy Springtime! Let's hope this weather starts getting better so it feels more like spring!










1 comments:
I love this post! Easter is wonderful =)
Also, the pictures you have are really cute! I love the one of Savanna and Clark sharing a swing, so funny!
Post a Comment