Savanna Update-40 months old (3 years 4 months)
So it feels like Clark has been getting all the attention on our blog lately with him turning one and all. It seems like it has been a bit since I've done an update on Savanna so here it is.
Savanna continually cracks us up and is a joy to have in our family. She continues to be our little helper. She behaves herself well the majority of the time though sometimes pushes or hits her little brother. 90% of the time or more when she gets put in time out it is because of something naughty she did to Clark. Savanna had a hard time for about 3 or 4 days around Clark's birthday. I think she was a bit jealous of all the attention he was getting. On the morning of Clark's birthday party I told her "We are having a party tonight!' She looked really excited and said "For me?" (I was a bit sad about having to tell her it was for Clark and not her).
Savanna's new obsession this month is PUZZLES! She is loving her Princess puzzles (thanks Aleta and Bryan! Seriously some of Savanna's favorite birthday presents are ones our friends got for her-way to outshine TC and I!) Honestly I don't love puzzles. I get bored with them after a few minutes but I still try to help her. TC loves them so it has become a fun daddy/daughter activity. When she is not wanting to do a puzzle she still loves to play games, dance in the living room to the Tangled soundtrack, jump on her trampoline, read her books, and run around the house pretending to be Cinderella. She is still loving her gym class and getting together with friends. I love how she will name friends that she has and have a proud look on her face when she says it. It is nice to see her getting socially connected with other children because a year ago she could care less about other kids. I would get together with my friends and she would only want to play with me and would ignore the other kids. Though her favorite friend still remains Cinderella (imaginary friends count right?). She loves going to birthday parties and primary. I am told she is very reverent and well behaved in primary but does not say much.
We love our little Savanna so much! I just have to end this post with some of Savanna's recent funny/sweet quotes. She makes us laugh every day. (Notice that she has a bit of an obsession with becoming a woman someday!)
1."Mommy you are a woman and Daddy is a man. When I grow up I will be a woman and Clark will be a man."
2."Mommy when I'm a woman I will wear a bra like you."
3. "When I'm a woman I will graduate college like you Mommy." (this was while looking at my photo albums when I graduated from grad school).
4. "When I'm a woman I will marry Garrett."
5. " We do not marry girls Mommy! We marry boys!"
6. "Daddy your belly looks smaller."
7. "Mommy you look skinny!" (made me feel great)
8. "Mommy is there a baby in your tummy?" (did not make me feel so great. Maybe she is just hoping.. Sorry sweetie, not yet. Just felt like I had a baby)
9. "I'm giving you a hug Mommy because I love you." (melt my heart!)
10. "I love my cute little mom."
11."Look at that little Clark! He is so cute! Look at his cute little ears, look at his cute little arm."
12. "Mommy I like your cute little skin!"
13. "I'm not a baby mom I'm a big baby."
14. "Cinderella is my friend."
15. While looking at photo albums of TC's and I's wedding pictures
Savanna: "I was not there because I was not born."
Me:"Yes you were still in heaven."
Savanna:"Yes I was in heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus."
16. (while looking at the temple from the car) "That is Jesus's house! He lives there!"
17. "I'm really good at puzzles aren't I? Mommy you are not good at puzzles."
Anyway those are some of the ones I could think of. And her favorite question is still WHY? Around what age do they stop asking that all the time?


2 comments:
Cute little Savanna! =)
Yay! I'm glad she's enjoying the puzzles :) And I love all the funny stuff she says!
Post a Comment