Happy Birthday Clark!!
Clark turned one today!! I can't believe he is already a year old. This to me is when life really gets good. I love this age. Clark is such a fun little boy and we are so happy to have him in our family. It really does not seem like very long ago that we brought him home from the hospital. Time goes so fast. It seems like it has gone a lot faster with him than with Savanna. It is exciting but sad at the same time. It is always bitter sweet to see your children grow up. Anyway, Clark has had a great year and grown so much. He is now crawling all over the place, pulling himself up to a standing position, walking on furniture and pushing things around when he is walking but is not walking on his own yet. He seems totally content to crawl. Clark has four teeth now and we almost see a fifth one about to break through. Clark still loves music and dancing. We are doing a gym class with him now which he loves. We are starting to hear him say a lot of words. I think we have heard him say 10 or so words. His favorite thing to say right now though is, "Hi Dad!" It is adorable. Clark still loves to eat and pretty much will eat anything. I was trying to think of his favorite meal to make tonight and I couldn't think of anything because pretty much all food are his favorites! He does especially seem to like grapes and cheese. Clark is a happy baby. He is stubborn though and will try over and over to get what he wants. He definitely lets you know when he wants something and screams when he is not getting it! Anyway, I think Clark had a good first birthday. He slept in to a little after 9 and had blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Then we took him to Build-a-Bear to get a bear, well actually he got a cute little horse, and he rode the train at the mall. This evening my mom who is visiting, TC's sister, April, and my brother's girlfriend, Kristine, came over while Clark opened presents and ate cake. Clark got some fun presents. We got him a couple books, toys, and a train toy that he can ride and push. My mom got him several outfits. TC's parents got him MegaBloks and a book and April got him an outfit and a cute little electronic dog that barks and moves around. Clark enjoyed his cake but was unsure about the ice cream. He is not really used to eating cold things. We also gave him some whole milk today. He drank a couple sips and then threw his sippy cup on the floor. Hopefully the whole weaning process goes well... Anyway, Happy Birthday to our sweet "little man" Clark! I never imagined that I could love you this much! That sounds bad but I remember being pregnant over a year ago and wondering how I could ever love someone as much as I love Savanna. Then it happens. I can't imagine life without my adorable little boy! He was definitely meant for our family. Anyway, enough with the sappiness. Here are some pictures. Some of these are not the best. They were taken from TC's iphone while we are waiting for our new camera. Stay tuned for more pictures from his birthday party coming up this weekend.







3 comments:
Happy Birthday Clark! Sounds like a fun-filled day! I can't believe he is already one!
Happy bday!!!! He is so cute!
Yay! Happy Birthday Clark! It's seriously crazy that it's already been a year! It went by so fast! And he looks so much older in the Easter Bunny picture. I'm glad it was a good day!
Post a Comment