Trips down Memory Lane
So this past month I have had some experiences that have brought me back in time and made we wonder to myself, "When did I grow up?" I'm married, have two degrees, two kids, and a mortgage. Where did the time go? In May it will be 10 years ago that I graduated high school! WHAT?!? I usually am just caught up in my day to day routines of trying to take care of my kids, TC, the house, exercise, go to church, etc, etc, etc that I do not take much time to reflect on where I've been and how it has led me to where I am today. However, this past month has brought me back in time a little bit. First, going back home to Florida brought back memories of being younger. I got to see a lot of people in church that I haven't seen in awhile and connected with some family and friends. Talking about memories and laughing made me remember experiences that I have not thought about in a long time. Then I went through some old letters, cards and pictures in my room from high school. Wow, it made me feel like I was 16 again (and reminded me how immature I was-lol. Actually I like to believe that I was mature as a teenager but there is definitely a difference between now and then. Thank goodness right? I don't write notes to my friends and photo shop our pictures with guys we liked in the notes-lol.) It was a bit of an out of body experience for me. For a couple of hours I felt like I was 16 again and I remembered how I would dream about going to college, getting married and having a family. Then here I am years later with my two kids sleeping in the next room. Usually it seems like forever ago that I was in high school but in that moment it felt like just yesterday. Then I had another trip down memory lane today when I went down to BYU campus to do a mother/baby research study with Clark. I have not Wow, all of those students look so young! Anyway, I couldn't help remembering all the classes I took there, all the people I met and when I met TC. It was kind of weird to be walking around there with a baby. Though everyone is very nice and assisted with opening doors for me. A cute little freshman girl helped me push my stroller while I was trying to carry my food tray. (I thought I looked spastic before I had children...) I had to go and get a wrap and soup from my favorite place at the Cougar Eat. Seriously how do people have babies when they are in school? Don't get me wrong-I do not have anything against it it just seems like it would be very challenging! Anyway, and they added a mother's lounge to one of the women's restrooms on the main floor of the Wilkinson Center which was very convenient. Anyway, but not sure what the point of this story is. I was just thinking about it. I am grateful for all the experiences I've had in my life that have shaped me and made me the person I am today. Though of course I still need a lot of work! But I feel like I am where Heavenly Father wants me to be. I'm very grateful for all the people that have influenced me in my life and I'm grateful for where I am today. Anyway, this song by Rascal Flats kind of sums it up (though I don't know if I would relive every thing from my life but you get the point ....)


1 comments:
So I got your message but I have been super busy and I know that if I call you back I am going to need at least an hour. Because, let's be honest, we always talk forever. Anyway, Jake's sister is in town this week so if I don't call this week I will for sure next week. Hope all is going well and I will talk to you soon.
Post a Comment