Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Clark Update-16 months

So Clark turned 16 months this past Saturday. Where does the time go? Anyway, we love our little Clark and he is growing and getting more fun every day. He is still amazing us by all the new words he picks up. I can't even remember all the words he says. Some new words I can think of include: nice, mess, Clark, Savanna (but it sounds nothing like Savanna but he says the same word every time), tall, block, brush,jump, trash, pac (for pacifier),boo (for peek-a-boo). He will put two words together here and again as well such as please..and whatever he wants and the other day he was walking around with TC's shoes saying "Da da shoes." He now will point to each one of us when we ask him "Where's Daddy?" "Where's Mommy?" "Where's Savanna?" and just barely started pointing to himself when we ask "Where's Clark?" I think I mentioned last time that he can point out his eyes, ears, belly, mouth, teeth nose, hands, and feet but I'll put it again in case I forgot (I do record more for my own sake and not to brag. Hope you believe me-lol). I think I also think I said he knows his animal sounds as well. He also makes the same sound while he pushes around cars and trucks. He loves cars, trucks, and balls. What a boy!
Here are a couple of my favorite things/fun memories from Clark this month.
  • He is so affectionate and here is something he just does with me that makes my heart melt. He will sometimes look at me, scrunch his nose and repeat over and over with his voice just oozing with affection, "Ma Ma, Ma Ma." It is also sometimes occupied by him grabbing my hand and rubbing it on his face. It makes me feel so loved.
  • He loves to give kisses and hugs and will give you a kiss and hug at your request.
  • He will not get into his crib unless he gets a full hug from me. Occasionally TC will just lean him over to me and I will hug him and that just does not fly with him. I have to hold him and give him a nice big hug. He is ok if I'm not there for some reason once in a while but if I'm there he has to have his hug.
  • Clark still struggles with screaming at us when he wants his food on occasion even though he is much better than he used to be. So we always ask him to say please or ask nicely. This past month he started reaching out his hand for food and in a nice voice saying over and over, "Nice, nice."
  • Clark loves to throw his dirty diapers in the trash.

We love our little guy!

0 comments: