Sick kids
So one of the hardest thing for me as a parent is when my kids get sick (with something more than a minor cold). It's like a triple bummer. One, I am a worrier so I always worry when my kids are sick. Two, it is sad to see them uncomfortable and not be able to do much. Third when it is something really contagious like this then you have to isolate yourself from everyone and not go anywhere (which is hard for me). Now Savanna has hand foot and mouth and she is very uncomfortable. She is not feverish or tired but the sores in her mouth and on her feet are really bugging her and there is not much I can do to relieve it. I feel bad for her. This virus is contagious for about 3-6 days but the sores can last 7-10 days and she got her first one Sunday night. Sigh. I was slightly depressed Sunday night thinking of the long week ahead of me because to be safe Savanna could be contagious until Saturday so we are house bound. I have taken them jogging since they don't touch anybody and my in-laws are visiting so they have been keeping us company. Oh I just hope Savanna feels better soon. Clark appears pretty much better which is good. Anyway, the ups and downs of parenting. It just makes me stronger right?


3 comments:
Yes, it does make you stronger! I hope she gets better and nobody else gets sick! Poor kiddos!
P.S. Thank you for your very sweet, very thoughtful comment on my blog post the other day...it made my day!
Ugh - that stinks. I think Holland and I both got very mild cases of it. Holland only had a few sores on her bum and in her mouth. I have a couple on my feet - they are super annoying! Hopefully Savanna feels better soon!
yikes! I am not looking forward to the flu season coming up! Hang in there!
Post a Comment