Good luck April!
So TC's sister, April, moved to Idaho this past weekend. She decided she needed a change from Utah and we wish her luck with her life out there in Idaho. We will miss her though. She has been a big part of our lives and our kids and it will be weird not having her close by. Though we know she will continue to play an important part in our lives and we hope to still see her frequently since Idaho is not that far away ( a lot closer than Alaska which was another place April was thinking of moving to!)
Our kids absolutely ADORE their Aunt April and she ADORES them. She definitely is an awesome aunt. She is the fun loving, spirited aunt who drops by and says "Do you want to go to Pet Co and pick out a toy for Cricket?" Or calls out of the blue and says "Can Savanna sleep over tonight?" And then brings her to dinner at the Mayan? Not Chick-fil-a or anywhere else but really treats her and takes her to the Mayan. And then does not complain when Savanna gets scared and she has to get the food to go.
She is always there in an emergency or when we really need her. Like when we were moving into our house and I had to stay at home with Savanna and she spent HOURS taping our house with TC to get it ready to paint and then spent HOURS helping us move our stuff into our house. She also came over in the middle of the night one time and stayed with Savanna when TC and I took Clark to the ER. I also remember the time she still came to our house when Savanna was throwing up on her birthday and even at one point held the bowl for her one of the times she threw up because she did not want to miss her birthday party (This is even more of a sacrifice because April has a phobia of throwing up. And unfortunately she did end up getting this stomach bug along with all of TC's family. Refer to Christmas From you Know Where post 2009) Anyway there are countless other memories I can think of as well-probably too many to write down.
She also took beautiful pictures of our family for us when we needed her to. They will pose and do anything she asks them to because she is so fun.
We love you April and we will miss you! Have a great time living in Idaho!


4 comments:
Family like that is the best! Good luck to April!
What a great post--April will love it!!
Oh my gosh...thank you so much for everything you said! I felt all cool seeing a picture of me on your blog then read the title and almost cried! You guys are such a massive part of my life and that will not change at all! And you know me, be back and forth as always I hope, just needed a place to store my stuff. I'm so excited to spend time with you guys in Hawaii in December so I can get my Clark and Savanna fix! Thx again for all you said, I feel honored to be their aunt and to have you involve me and trust me. You have a way of subtly reminding that I will be a mother one day if I keep having faith and that I'll be a good one. Thanks for your love and confidence in me. I love you and your cute little family!! (sorry so long)!!
Dear April, I hope you get the change you're looking for. It's hard to be in a rut. Good luck in Potato Land. I enjoyed my time there and had amazing college roommies from there. Not sure if you remember me - Beth from Daybreak. I was living with my parents and my 3 boys for about a year but now I am back in Wyoming as a complete happy family - hooray!
Post a Comment