Monday, October 31, 2011

What a Week

So this was a busy, crazy week. Some of it good some of it not so good. For starters I got some kind of stomach bug or food poisoning thing and my stomach has been off and had some issues for like a week and a half. I'll think I'm ok and then I'd eat something that was normal you know doesn't follow the BRAT diet and it would not settle well with me. I won't go into more details than that. My stomach is still sensitive today but think I may hopefully be at the end of it. So let's start with

  • Monday-Drove up to the University of Utah for Savanna and Clark to be in a research study my friend told me about. They just had to weigh them and measure their arms, legs, and get their height and I got two $25 gift cards to Target so that was nice. Savanna had been sick with a cold since Friday and had a croupy cough starting Sunday and most of Monday. We were going to go to Color Me Mine with some friends that night but had to cancel. By Tuesday her cough was a lot better. Clark woke up from his nap with a runny nose.
  • Tuesday-My mom came into town. Her, Kristine, and I went to the Witchapoolza at Gardener Village that night. It is so much fun and so funny. Loved it!
  • Wednesday-Had a normal morning. My mom was with us for the day which ended up being a life saver later. Savanna had woken up at 5:15 in the morning saying her ear hurt. I wasn't sure what to think. Then later that day she would not take a nap because she said her ear hurt and she was crying really hard. So I called the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor and they said they did not have any openings close to where we lived that day but they could get me into an office farther north that was about 45 minutes away. I said fine since she was obviously in a lot of pain. I seriously have never seen her cry or be so upset about anything. It was sad. So my mom stayed with Clark while he was napping and I drove her up to the doctor. Turns out her right ear tube is blocked and it is not draining any fluid hence the reason she was in so much pain and why her ear is infected. So they gave me a prescription for an antibiotic, some ear drops, and Loritab. She was so sad and hurting until we finally got back and were able to get her prescription for Loritab. We gave it to her and she was back to her normal self within a half an hour. It was amazing. I thought for sure she would wake up in the middle of the night hurting again but she didn't and when she woke up Thursday morning she said her ear didn't hurt. Such a blessing. Now I have to continue to do the antibiotic and the ear drops and hope the tube becomes unblocked or they will have to pull it out and replace it. Sigh. I hope that is not the case. Then later that night around 2 in the morning heard Clark barking like a dog with his cough. I went into his room and he sounded funny when he was breathing so I headed up to the ER with him. His oxygen level was fine but they gave him a breathing treatment and a steroid. I have an appointment with the ENT doctor to understand why he has gotten croup so much this past month and a half. He only got it once last winter but he has now had it three times since the beginning of September and it has been bad enough that his breathing has been a bit weird and needed a steroid. It is frustrating.
  • Thursday-I think there was not too much drama. We spent the day at home resting and hanging out. We did go to Toys r' Us that night because Savanna was restless and I went to sewing at my neighbor's to work on my quilt for Savanna. I had a cold for about a day but must have fought it off. TC was not so lucky though. He has had a cold since about mid week.
  • Friday-Ended up going to the doctor about my stomach issues and to make sure that I could run a half marathon the next day. He said it just sounded like a virus that is running its course and it was fine to run the next day but just to stay hydrated. Was able to go to the temple with TC which was very needed and went to a Halloween party.
  • Saturday-Woke up at 4:30 in the morning and headed down with two friends to run the Provo Halloween Half Marathon. It was fun except it was not very well organized. The race didn't start until 9 but we were supposed to be at the parking lot at the mall in Orem by 6:00 a.m. in order to catch a bus up to Sun Dance to start the race. We were there at 6:00 a.m and waited in line until after 7 to catch a bus. Then we waited in a cramped heated tent for over an hour after that and I had to wait in line to use the porta potties for like 15 minutes. Then there were so many people (almost 4,000 people who registered for the race) that they had staggering starts so I did not start until almost 9:30 a.m. But once I started running I forgot about how annoying the waiting and everything was. The scenery was beautiful and I absolutely loved it. I decided after running a few miles to run this whole race instead of doing the run/walk method and I was happy with my time but am wondering whether I could have been faster if I had done the run/walk method. I finished in 2 hours, 4 minutes and 59 seconds. I will break that 2 hour mark one day!! Anyway after that we ate lunch with my mom and headed back for some rest and went to a neighborhood Halloween party and pot luck. We wanted to go to another friend's Halloween party too but it was a bit of a drive and we were just so exhausted. We then spent Sunday going to church and trying to rejuvenate. So hope you all had a good week! Here are some pictures of our week and stay tuned. There will be trick or treating pictures of our cute kids later this week!
Provo Halloween Half Marathon-Kristine made the cute posters again. I look pretty wasted.
Neighborhood Halloween party-Savanna looks really annoyed in this picture.
Witchapoolza

1 comments:

Marisha & Forrest said...

Wow what an incredible busy week, girl! I'm so glad you hung in there! And to think, you STILL ran a half marathon! How inspiring =) That's such a great time, Sis! What was ur time on the other one you ran?