Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Savanna Update-3 years 10 months

Savanna is on the downhill slope to being 4 and I just can't believe it. Though in many ways she seems so much older than 3. For one, she is really tall. A couple months ago I was getting her hair cut and the lady cutting her hair said, "Oh that is so nice that you are getting her hair cut before she starts her first day of school." She thought she was starting kindergarten! Also Savanna talks well for her age so I think that is also why a lot of people think she is older. Anyway, Savanna is a fun little girl. She does seem to get more mature every day. It is nice that she can dress herself,go to the bathroom by herself and get some stuff for herself. She also brushes her teeth by herself in the morning (TC or I still brush them at night in case she didn't do a good enough job in the morning.) and we washes herself sometimes in the bath (though I often do it after she does). Savanna continue to love to learn. She is writing quite a few letters now, can read some words and loves to have learning time before her nap. Yes she is almost 4 and still napping! I know that I am blessed in that way. I read in Baby Center that most kids do nap until they are at least 4 but I have plenty of friends whose kids gave up their naps before that. Her naps have been shorter the last week so not sure whether that is a fluke or if she is maybe transitioning to shorter ones. Savanna is getting more social and enjoys playing with friends. If you ask her who her best friend is right now she will most likely say Elle. She loves to play with all her friends but especially loves playing with Elle because she has a lot of dress up clothes and Elle is a bit older than her and they do a lot of pretend play. It is really cute to watch them. Here are some of Savanna's favorite activities/things (they may be the same as last time. You can skip it if you like but I like to remember whether she still likes the same things over a long period of time.)

  • Cinderella-Seriously she has loved Cinderella for over a year now. She still thinks Cinderella is coming to her birthday party this year again. Cinderella also called her a couple months ago (it was free through Target) so she talks about that as well. Guess I am partially to blame for her Cinderella obsession.
  • Babies
  • Gym class
  • Music class
  • Movies (favorite movie? You guessed it:Cinderella)
  • Family (She loves when Nana, Papa, Grandma, Grandpa, James, Marisha and now April come to town.)
  • Dogs (especially Cricket, April's dog)
  • Rides
  • Dancing
  • Screaming when she is excited (Not so fun for me)
  • Playing outside/going to play grounds
  • Lollipops
  • Spaghetti
Recent Savanna Quotes
  • Savanna: "Can I watch Cinderella after my nap today?" Me: "Maybe but remember we do not watch too many movies because there are a lot of other fun things to do." Savanna: "Yeah if we watch too many movies it makes our minds dirty." (I don't remember ever telling her this!)
  • Me: "What do you want for Christmas Savanna?" Savanna: "I don't know. Maybe a pet like a dog or something?" (Haha, good luck with that one.)
  • (After learning time one day) Me: "I like having learning time with you." Savanna: "I like to pass gas on you." (Lol-thanks!)
  • (To Kristine right when she came in the door to baby sit on Friday night) "I'm going to have a baby sister." Kristine responded with "Ashley do you have something to tell me?" (No I did not have anything to tell her! Savanna just thinks that she is getting a baby sister next. Hopefully she does not make this statement to other people like her primary teacher or something.)
  • (During learning time I was doing flashcards with Savanna and talking about a fish or something. I can't remember the animal. Anyway I was reading to her that this animal laid 5, 000 eggs at once.) Me: "Savanna can you imagine having 5,000 babies?" Savanna gave a cute little laugh and smiled and said, "I will try."
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this GIRL!

2 comments:

Marisha & Forrest said...

LOL! I love these posts - especially the quotes. I like the movie quote that is hilarious!

Tom and Ann Perry Family said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE--you just wanta pinch her cheeks!!! LOL